Brembo 13 inch 4-Piston 1-Piece Drilled Gran Turismo Big Front Brake Kit (94-04 Mustang All Makes)
The Brembo Gran Turismo High Performance Braking System offers significant advantages over the OE manufacturers system advantages far beyond whats simply known as big brakes. As the braking systems primary function is to dissipate heat, larger, more sophisticated discs are used in order to increase the fade resistance of the system. These discs are directionally vented for enhanced cooling, as well as drilled or slotted for improved consistency, continuously cleaning and refreshing the pad surface. On nearly all the vehicles for which there is a Gran Turismo system available, the OEM caliper is of a sliding design, with the piston or pistons on only the inboard side of the disc. While this type of caliper is inexpensive to manufacture, it is generally extremely heavy, and inherently flexible, both of which are to be avoided on a performance braking system. Conversely, Brembos calipers are fixed mount, opposed piston calipers cast from aluminum alloy. Despite being much larger and many times stiffer than the original caliper, they are also much lighter. The calipers are equipped with differential piston bores in order to eliminate pad taper. Without this feature, the leading edge of the pad will wear more quickly. This can cause problems such as cocking the pistons in their bores, which can damage or seize them. Each Gran Turismo system comes with high performance brake pads, aircraft quality hardware, DOT and TUV approved Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines, instruction manual and dye cut stickers for your car. The net result is a braking system, developed specifically for each vehicle application by Brembos immense technical resources, that insures high quality as well as high performance.
- 4-Piston Design for Superior and Consistent Braking
- Fixed-Mounted Caliper Design for Improved Strength and Greater Clamping Force
- Patented and Race-Proven Pillar-Cooling-Vane Design Optimizes Heat Dissipation and Resilient Against Thermal Cracking
- Electronically Balanced to Elimanate any Possible Risk of Vibration
- DOT and TUV Approved Goodridge Stainless Steel Brake Lines Included Used By The Top F1, WRC, NASCAR, Camp Car, IRL, ALMS, Grand-Am, Trans-Am, SPEED World Challenge Drivers And Teams! Standard Factory Equipment On Supercars!
Feel free to place an order online and use our secure checkout 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Call Us M-F 9am-6pm PST @ (858) 527-2917.