Last Call Racing is proud to offer the Coast Driveline & Gear lightweight aluminum driveshaft for 07-08 Shelby GT500's. Developed to fill the needs of hardcore racers, the 07-08 Shelby Mustang Ultra-light Aluminum Driveshaft is a simple bolt-in replacement for the heavy and awkward OEM steel driveshaft provided from the factory. This simple driveshaft modification will provide a noticeable performance improvement on any 07-08 Shelby Mustang and is much safer than the stock steel shaft on vehicles with significant horsepower upgrades.
The rotational effect of weight is magnified in a driveshaft but the ultra-lightweight construction of this aluminum driveshaft requires less energy to overcome its inertia, transferring more horsepower to the wheels. Constructed of tough, lightweight T6061 Aluminum tube, the Ultra-Light Aluminum will provide long-lasting performance. The driveshaft also features durable, rebuildable Dana Spicer 1330-series U-joints to handle maximum horsepower. Installation is a snap with the supplied aluminum adapter plate and factory Ford mounting bolts.
Ultralight Aluminum Driveshaft Features:
- Constructed of tough, lightweight T6061 Aluminum
- Simple, direct bolt-on installation, with supplied adapter plate and included factory bolts
- Half the weight, compared to the factory steel shaft
- Dana Spicer 1330-series u-joints
- Fully balanced and rebuildable
Stock Driveshaft Weight - 39.1 lbs
Aluminum Driveshaft Weight - 17.1lbs
- Stock Ride Height Mustangs - Direct bolt-in installation, no modification required.
- 1-2 Inch Lowered - E-Brake cable bracket must be moved 1.5 inches away from driveshaft tunnel to allow for clearance of driveshaft. Requires simple re-drilling of bracket bolt hole.
- 2 Inch or More Lowered - E-Brake cable bracket must be moved (as explained above), and two small flanges of metal must be bent flat against the bottom of the vehicle. This is a 10 minute procedure which does not affect the structural integrity of the vehicle.
Free up Horsepower to your engine by reducing rotational mass! We've seen gains from 14+rwhp from this driveshaft!
Standard Duty Engine Torque Capacity - 500 ft/lb
Fits 2007-2008 Shelby GT500 Mustangs
Feel free to place an order online and use our secure checkout 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Call Us M-F 9am-6pm PST @ (858) 527-2917.