306 Cubic Inch 5.0L 340 HP Crate Engine - FRPP-M-6007-X302
You want Ford Racing Engine Performance Value? You got it with the Ford Racing 306 Cubic Inches 340 hp Crate Engine!! No other small block Ford can say that it has been developed from the ground up and tested by the people that know how to make a Ford run best - Ford Racing Engineers. These are the same Engineers that design and build 500+HP Ford Racing Crate Engines, 1,000+ HP Pro Stock engines and 200+MPH NASCAR engines. X302 features a mix of the best OEM, Ford Racing and aftermarket parts to deliver strong street performance at an outstanding value. This is the perfect replacement engine for a vintage muscle car, late model project, truck or street rod. Add your choice of intake, distributor and water pump and X302 is ready to run. And unlike the imitators, no other crate engine has the Blue Oval heritage and Ford Racing Engineering and Technical support.
340 horsepower @ 5500 RPM
350 lb.ft. torque @ 4200 RPM*All items such as water pumps, timing chains, timing chain covers, flywheels, flex plates, ect. can be purchased from Last Call Racing, if needed. On orders of this nature, we recommend calling us for specific applications and details of the build.Key Features
- Engine Type: 302 based small block ford
- Displacement (cu in/ liter): 306ci / 5.0L
- Bore x stroke (in): 4.030 x 3.00"
- Block: OEM Precision Remanufactured 5.0L
- Crankshaft: Cast iron remanufactured
- Connecting rods: Remanufactured production steel
- Pistons: Mahle forged
- Camshaft Ford Racing Hydraulic Roller P/N M-6250-E303
- Camshaft lift (in): .498
- Camshaft Duration (@.050 in): 220
- Cylinder Heads: Ford Racing aluminum, 64 cc chamber P/N M-6049-X306
- Valve size (in): 1.94 intake 1.54 exhaust
- Compression ratio: 9.0:1
- Rocker arms: Roller Rockers 1.6:1 ratio
- Valve covers (p/n: M-6000-302-070): Ford Racing Chrome
- Oil pan: M-6675-A50 stamped steel dual sump, fits most Fox body cars
- Distributor: not included – steel gear required
- Recommended fuel: Unleaded premium
- Ignition Timing: Initial timing 12 degrees – total timing 32 degrees
- Maximum recommended rpm: 5,800 RPM
- Balanced: 50 in. /oz. imbalance rotating assembly (common to 1981 and newer 302's)
Engine power rating based on long tube headers, Edelbrock RPM air gap 7521 intake manifold w/ 650 Holley carb and Premium Unleaded pump gas
Water pump not included. Use water pump M-8501-G351 standard rotation applications. Water pump M-8501-C50 for reverse rotation applications (1986-1993) Mustangs. For short serpentine or 1994-1995 Mustangs use kit M-8501-A50 Short V-belt use water pump M-8501-E351S.
Flywheel not included. Requires 50 in/oz. imbalance flywheel M-6375-B302 (T-5) or flexplate M-6375-A50 (AOD)
Can be used in kit cars, street rods, Mustangs, Fox-bodied cars, and trucksIMPORTANT WARRANTY INFORMATION!
Power-adders such as superchargers, turbos, or nitrous not recommended. Use of power-adders voids the warranty. See Ford Racing Boss series of crate engines such as M-6007-X302B or M-6007-X302E if you plan power-adder enhancementsINSTALLATION NOTES
- See engine installation and tuning tips.
- Some or all of the following items may need to be changed from your original engine or modified for proper installation:
- A different performance oil pan and pickup may be required for your application. Call the Techline at (800) FORD788 for more information
- The timing chain cover will work with most standard rotation water pumps.
- Fuel pump eccentric M-6287-B302 installed, allows use of a mechanical fuel pump
- For other transmission applications use the proper 50in/oz imbalance flywheel
- Intake gaskets M-9439-A50 required
- Firing order 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 (5.0L HO and 351W order)
- Built with current available parts. Photo and specs may vary
- Shipping weight approximately 425 lbs
Feel free to place an order online and use our secure checkout 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Call Us M-F 9am-6pm PST @ (858) 527-2917.