1987-2004 Mustang, MM Sport series damper package for solid-axle Mustang, includes 2 MM Sport struts and 2 MM Sport shocks.
- Intended for street-driven Mustangs with front coil-over spring rates of 350 lb/in and 400 lb/in.
- Includes MB-4138-S1 front struts.
- Includes MB-6418-S1 rear shocks.
- Firm, yet good ride quality, as is expected of a performance car
- MM struts are made with patented mono-tube technology
- Inverted strut design has very large strut shaft bushings for greater resistance to deflection from cornering loads, and protection of the oil seal
- High nitrogen gas pressure prevents oil foaming.
- Monotube design has better heat dissipation than twin-tube dampers, keeps the oil cooler, and decreases heat-induced damper fade
- Velocity-sensitive valving improves ride quality
- Each MM strut and shock is tested on a shock dyno
- MM struts do not come with dustcovers because these struts are intended for use with coil-overs, and the appropriate small dustcovers are included with our front coil-over kit.
- Shocks do not include shock mount bushings because they are part of the coil-over conversion kit these shocks are intended to accompany.
- MM rear shocks are based on the optimal 1994-04 design, and come with an integral, progressive bump stop
- Sport series rear shocks are ready to accept the MM rear coil-over conversion kit; they are manufactured with the groove in the shock body that is required by a coil-over conversion kit
MM Sport Series struts and shocks are the perfect choice for a dual-purpose car that sees aggressive street driving and occasional open-tracking. Designed to control aggressive coil-over spring rates while still maintaining good ride quality, the MM Sport struts and shocks are intended for a high performance street-driven car equipped with coil-overs. The MM Sport series rear shocks are ready to accept the MM rear coil-over conversion kit; they are manufactured with the groove in the shock body that is required by a coil-over conversion kit.
All MM non-adjustable struts and shocks utilize patented mono-tube technology. Compared to twin-tube dampers, these provide better heat dissipation to keep the damper's oil cool, which decreases heat-induced damper fade. The highest nitrogen gas pressure available prevents oil foaming and fading. The inverted strut design allows for very large strut shaft bushings, which are less prone to deflection. This inverted strut design also keeps the oil seal protected from the elements. Every MM damper is tested on a shock dyno before leaving the factory to ensure quality.
All MM struts feature unique proprietary strut housings with high-strength mounting ears. These mounting ears prevent the possibility of bending as a result of brake-torque reaction loads. All MM rear shocks are based on the optimal 1994-04 design, and come with an integral, progressive bumpstop. All MM struts and shocks include dustcovers. Front struts come with small diameter dustcovers that are suitable for coil-over applications.
Warranty on MM struts is 3 years.
Feel free to place an order online and use our secure checkout 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year! Call Us M-F 9am-6pm PST @ (858) 527-2917.